Hey hey, I hope you’re well. I don’t normally post music-related mail outs here but it’s not like I put out a record every day, so here’s the ‘call for help’ email I just sent to my mailing list. If you can do anything, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obviously in my house it’s album time: LOVE IS NOT RESCUE is out in 2 weeks, the ‘Nintendo’ single is out to download on Monday and my UK tour starts this weekend. But before life goes nuts, this is an extra email to ask for your support – please can you help me spread the word about all of this mess? There are a few simple things that you could do if you feel like it that will make a real difference:
1. Just talk about it. You know, if you’re coming to a gig or like the album, or if you don’t. Every time you mention it online or to your friends, or stick the CD on when there’s people around, or discuss it on a forum or add a song to a Spotify playlist, you’re doing me a big favour. Promo means nothing compared to real people connecting other real people to the music they’re into.
2. if you’re going to buy LOVE IS NOT RESCUE and come to a gig, please pre-order the music and buy tickets in advance.
you can get ‘Nintendo’ from 7Digital here:
or get the exclusive 4 track iTunes EP version of ‘Nintendo’ here:
and links to UK tour tickets are here: http://christt.com
it’s ace, most gigs on this tour are doing much better than the last few tours and a couple may even sell out, so thank you very much if you’ve already bought tickets. I promise I WILL NOT go back to the same cities and play the same album again later on. This is your only chance to hear LOVE IS NOT RESCUE in this format in these towns.
3. Please don’t illegally download or fileshare it. I know it’s been leaked and is out there, it’s easy, God I know, weirdly I even feel guilty for asking. But please don’t. Go and buy the motherfucker and maybe I’ll be able to make some more.
4. Tell me your favourite loo. Seriously, if you follow me on Twitter you’ll know I’m tweeting photos of every loo I go in (!) in museums, houses, venues, wherever. I’m using the hashtag #loo2010. So what’s the best loo near you? If I can get there, I’ll snap it with a credit for the tip-off. And one day you’ll be in a big coffeetable picture book.
5. Posters and flyers. We’re sending out beautiful golden A2 posters & flyers this weekend to lovely people around the UK who always help me by sticking them up in record shops, cafes, wherever. Do you want to join us? You’ll get as few or many posters/flyers as you need. Just reply or email email@example.com – with your postal address – and we’ll send you a pack. Thank you so much.
I hope that’s cool, most of all, come and say hello if we’re in the same room. See you out there.